Refining and Petrochemical Technical Account Manager
Date: January 7, 2020
West Coast, Houston - Texas
We are currently recruiting a highly motivated Refining and Petrochemical Technical Account Manager for our energy group who will be responsible for managing a key territory in Quadra's growing energy business in the US.
There are numerous opportunities for the candidate, as Quadra is aligned with motivated technology leading partners, underpinned by strong manufacturing bases and solid internal resources.
We are looking for candidates who will fit in well with our culture and are interested in a long-term career in professional sales. Ideally, the candidate will bring a professional sales background in order to maintain a territory with a significant emphasis on new business development. However, a strong candidate could also possess a technical background in operations or has been in a role of technical support for a manufacturer/distributor in the past.
We are looking for an individual that brings passion, personality, technical abilities, and the drive and diligence we need to serve our customers. Quadra will invest in the right individual to further develop the sales or technical skills necessary for this position.
The role consists of regular travel throughout the assigned region, promoting Quadra’s products and services. This includes development and implementation of a team driven, strategic business plan based on a strong understanding of industry trends and customer needs.
- Manage key customer relationships, in line with Quadra’s core values and strategic vision
- Meet or exceed annual sales and margin objectives
- Develop and utilize internal and external resources, showcasing Quadra’s reputation for service excellence
- Sell Quadra’s superior product line to potential customers through routine customer visits, joint calls and participation in industry events
- Assist with customer troubleshooting and optimization opportunities
- Possess a high degree of organization, planning, and multi-tasking skills
- Bring proven presentation and written communication skills
- Adapt to a complex, rapidly changing environment
- Manage tight timelines and deal with after hour emergencies
- Qualify key decision makers and their needs
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements
- Building and maintaining customer relationships with key decision makers/influencers to obtain repeat and new sales
- Cold calling potential customers
- Weekly reporting and scheduling
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or technical sciences
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience in an outside business development & technical sales role selling products or services to the refining or petrochemical industry, or,
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience in an operations/managerial/technical support role in a refinery or petrochemical complex.
- Proven ability to drive new sales; prospecting, qualifying customer’s needs and expectations. delivering presentations, qualifying concerns and closing
- Proven ability in achieving sales targets and KPI’s.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain business relationships with prospective customers to generate new business
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time including overnight travel. Depending on location, overnight travel could be substantially less
- Proven computer skills and comfortable working in Excel
- Experience in CRM (ideally Salesforce) and with the Microsoft Office suite
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid passport
Quadra is a Platinum member of the Best Managed Companies in Canada and provides a competitive benefits package, including incentive and pension plans, and vehicle allowances, etc.
Fax: Kevin MacKenzie
Email: Kevin MacKenzie
Subject: Refining and Petrochemical Technical Account Manager
Quadra is one of the 50 Best Managed Companies in Canada and provides a competitive benefits package, including incentive and pension plans, etc.
Quadra welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in our Company. Please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview. No phone calls please.